Thursday 11 April 2013

Last nights progress


Last night I cut the leather straps (or as I’ve now found, imitation leather...still does the job though) and screwed them to the stock to hold the pressure vessel in place. The glue did a pretty good of holding it securely but the straps look the part.


Before I attached the barrel, I took the copper sheet that I had cut to cover the trigger guard and simply nailed it in place on the stock. It is quite thin copper and it nailed fairly easily. It covers the hole really well and I just need to paint the trigger assembly with copper paint.



I tried to drill holes in the copper straps for the barrel but it just wasn’t happening with the Dremel. So, I marked where I wanted the holes to be and just hammered a nail through the copper. I then marked the stock and drilled a small guide hole for each screw on both sides of the stock. The barrel was glued with hot glue to the stock and quickly secured with the brass straps.



Tonight I’m going to concentrate on the side pipe assembly, that’s the tricky bit. That is easily an evening’s work (you may have guessed I take my time with this sort of stuff!) as there is some accurate measuring to do and cutting it all to size. Once this part is done, I can glue the sight in place and once that is dry, cover any glued areas with paint. Then it’s just cosmetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment